How I can help you
Highlights: Operated a small business: We imported and did limited manufacturing. We sold industrial raincoats to municipalities and small firms.
* We expanded to the internet in 1997and started selling to a broader range of customers, with a broader line of products.
* Prior experience as a national buyer for SEARS (back in the good days) which entailed extensive European travel and warehouse management
Plastex Products Inc. Purchased this firm in 1988 until it was sold in 2010. The firm imported, purchased and manufactured (a small quantity) of industrial rain wear and other safety apparel items. Sales were made to municipalities, industrial distributors as well as larger firms. Considerable sales were also made directly to individual consumers.
We became efficient selling and processing orders for 1 or 2 rain coats as well as handling major orders. We developed our 1st web site in 1997 and started selling on the internet at that time. Sales increased mostly due to a high GOOGLE position.
Sales on the web site were to individuals, companies, municipalities, distributors and foreign customers. We subsequently developed 3 other related web sites and sold on the platforms of eBAY and AMAZON.
I developed an expertise in the accounting software, Peachtree, which is very similar to Quick Books. I was familiar with all aspects of the system including sales, accounts payable and receivables.
My previous experiences included:
* Sears Roebuck: Buyer: Imported articles including scissors and other sewing items. Responsibilities included operating an import warehouse. Asst .Sales Manager ; Asst. Sales Promotion Manager Asst. Buyer
* Rex/Griffon Cutlery : Vice President ; major scissors importer
* Independent Sales Rep : Sewing items, housewares items
* Eastern Display Products : Vice President Specializing in retail sign holders for department and other chain stores.
Current activities include: Swartswood Lakes Watershed Assoc.- Trustee; Newton NJ Rotary Club -Historian; Chairman of Branding & Marketing Committee; Branchville Businessmen's Club; SCORE- email and face to face mentor.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Business Operations
- Sales, Marketing & Public Relations
- Accommodation & Food Services
- Retail & Wholesale Trade
Small business owner for 25 years; Amazon vendor for 13 years; eBay seller for 7 years. Our Important keywords were in top five Google searches most of the time. Shipments from Company warehouse and Amazon FBA
BSBA Boston University; MBA Suffolk University - Boston, MA, additional courses in retailing and marketing during employment at SEARS.